Sugar Glider Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

(Picture courtesy of April)

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What is your #1 concern about your suggies?

Go down 
5 posters

What is your number #1 concern about your suggies?
 diet - ever heard of you are what you eat?
 size of cage - gotta have room to glide!
 tons of toys and cage sets - the fun stuff!
 cleanliness of glider and cage - cleanliness is next to godliness!
 lots of bonding and play time - they gotta get thier exercise!
 health - at least youve got your health!
View results
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

What is your #1 concern about your suggies? Empty
PostSubject: What is your #1 concern about your suggies?   What is your #1 concern about your suggies? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 7:06 pm

Which of these factors do you tend to focus most on?

Last edited by Admin on Fri Sep 11, 2009 3:54 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://suggiebabies.webs.com
Almi

Almi

PostSubject: Re: What is your #1 concern about your suggies?   What is your #1 concern about your suggies? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 5:39 pm

I hate it when their cage is dirty...because I hate having to clean their cage. Don't get me wrong, normally I don't mind doing poop duty, since I have 20+ other cages to clean in the house, but theirs is SUCH a pain to haul through the hallway and into the bathroom shower - which is the only way I can get it clean. Sad

They even used to have a much larger cage, but I had no choice but to surrender the huge cage to the birds because it was too impossible to clean with sugar gliders inhabiting it. I spent a good two hours scrubbing it before I put the birdies in there. x_x
Back to top Go down
JuneJulyLantana

JuneJulyLantana

PostSubject: Re: What is your #1 concern about your suggies?   What is your #1 concern about your suggies? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 2:56 pm

My main concern (not listed though, sadly) is always health!!! Neutral
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: what was i thinking   What is your #1 concern about your suggies? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 3:52 pm

I forgot about health - lol I will put that up
Back to top Go down
http://suggiebabies.webs.com
Missourigal

Missourigal

PostSubject: Re: What is your #1 concern about your suggies?   What is your #1 concern about your suggies? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 1:54 pm

I have a couple of number one concerns..lol..one that always scares me, is that they may get out of the cage during the night, as a result of me not double checking the cage door at 3 am. One night, Abe came in my bedroom to find me!. Another concern is their eating habits. Some nights they eat everything and other nights, they don't touch a thing. I provide fresh fruit and veggies every night along with treat cups plus their formula..I know they can be fussy eaters..I have three gliders that are 4 years old and they have been together since birth and they do not like any sweets of any kind!..They love the veggies and mealworms, but no sweets..strange huh?..Just thought I would share some of my concerns and see if anyone else has the same feelings.. Question
Missourigal
Back to top Go down
Chelsea0525

Chelsea0525

PostSubject: Poll   What is your #1 concern about your suggies? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 3:30 pm

I voted for all. Everyone of those things is very important to me. If I had to narrow it down, Health and Bonding would be the top 2.
Back to top Go down
Almi

Almi

PostSubject: Re: What is your #1 concern about your suggies?   What is your #1 concern about your suggies? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 7:08 pm

Missourigal wrote:
I have a couple of number one concerns..lol..one that always scares me, is that they may get out of the cage during the night, as a result of me not double checking the cage door at 3 am. One night, Abe came in my bedroom to find me!. Another concern is their eating habits. Some nights they eat everything and other nights, they don't touch a thing. I provide fresh fruit and veggies every night along with treat cups plus their formula..I know they can be fussy eaters..I have three gliders that are 4 years old and they have been together since birth and they do not like any sweets of any kind!..They love the veggies and mealworms, but no sweets..strange huh?..Just thought I would share some of my concerns and see if anyone else has the same feelings.. Question
Missourigal

Try giving them honey or sugar cane (I found some sticks of it in the bird treats at PetSmart before, but I'm not sure if they still carry it) and see how they like that!
Back to top Go down
Missourigal

Missourigal

PostSubject: Re: What is your #1 concern about your suggies?   What is your #1 concern about your suggies? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 10:33 am

I can try the sugar cane or bird treats. They do love that special mix made for gliders that contains all kinds of nuts and berries. They aren't real crazy over it, but they do eat some of it. I have a set of twin boys that will eat anything I put in their cage. They have never been fussy since birth. I agree that health issues are a big concern. I have 12 gliders and two more or maybe four more in pouch and fortunatley I haven't had any real health issues..one time I had a male whose penis would not retract and he had to have the tip of it amputated..but he is fine and even through all of that, he never was sick..so I have been very lucky..I always keep anitbiotics on hand at all times because it doesn't take long for a glider to get real sick over night..Thanks fir the feedback..

Missourigal ( Donna)
Wife of 40 years to John
Mother of 3 grown children
Grandma to five adorable grandchildren
Mama to 32 dogs of all breeds
Mommy to 12 Sugar gliders and still counting flower
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What is your #1 concern about your suggies?   What is your #1 concern about your suggies? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What is your #1 concern about your suggies?
Page 1 of 1