Sugar Glider Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

(Picture courtesy of April)

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How many cages do you have?

Go down 
5 posters

one - nice and simple easy cleaning
 two - a bit more work but worth it
 three - the best things come in threes- the three musketeers, the three tenors, lowfat - nonfat - whole
 four - cleaning them all is a bit of a challenge
 five or more - I dread cleaning cages day like the plauge
View results
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

How many cages do you have? Empty
PostSubject: How many cages do you have?   How many cages do you have? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 5:09 pm

How many cages do you have to clean out every week - lol!

April
Back to top Go down
http://suggiebabies.webs.com
Almi

Almi

PostSubject: Re: How many cages do you have?   How many cages do you have? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 5:42 pm

Just one suggie cage, but it's still the cage I dread cleaning the most. I'd rather do fish tank maintenance!
Back to top Go down
sueski

sueski

PostSubject: WEEKLY CLEANING   How many cages do you have? I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 2:09 am

This is my first post, I wanted to see how it works.

I clean weekly, I just have one cage, but, I'm pickly and the "guys" (C & H) are messy. I also keep pans of water under the wheels of the cage (ants can't swim!), so, those need to be cleaned too.

I also use a non-chemical insect spray made of dish soap, vinegar and water (that ants and bugs hate), and (its safe for gliders), been using it for years.
Back to top Go down
sugeebaby

PostSubject: Re: How many cages do you have?   How many cages do you have? I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 5:27 pm

I have 3 ays and I clean them about every 6months. Yes I know that sounds gross but I have cages that I made with the Klubertanz wire. I wipe them down every couple of weeks to get the food that they fing but since that wire does not smell I don't have to clean as often. Aboutevery two weeks I clean the pouches,toys and wheels. The more you clean the more they mark and it smells. So I have found One week I will clean the wheels (TGI and Stealth) and the next week I will clean pouches and toys. That way the always have stuff int he cage that smells like them.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thepamperedglider.com
clollestad

clollestad

PostSubject: Re: How many cages do you have?   How many cages do you have? I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 5:54 pm

Sueski
What formula do you use for your cleaner?
Lisa
Back to top Go down
http://suggiesupplies.webs.com/
sueski

sueski

PostSubject: Cleaning   How many cages do you have? I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 10:30 pm

That works, if it keeps them fairly neat and keeps the smell down. Mine are not breeders (pets), so they smell better. I also had the male fixed early on, so, he never developed the scent glands. (They are brother and sister, I did not want any 'messin' around to happen Laughing )
Back to top Go down
sueski

sueski

PostSubject: Natural Ant Spray   How many cages do you have? I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 10:38 pm

Sorry clollestad, I missed your post.

RECIPE FOR NATURAL ANT SPRAY REPELLANT

2/3 CUP WATER
1/3 CUP WHITE VINEGAR
2-3 TBLSPNS DISH SOAP

I've been using it for years, haven't had a problem, it seems safe to use around my 'guys', not on them (not necessary), just around the legs of the cage, in the corners, near an outside door etc.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: ants?   How many cages do you have? I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 11:19 pm

do you get alot of ants in your cage Sue? I know here we get alot of fruit flies - they are so annoying - to help with that I clean out the dishes in the morning so the fruit and veggies arent sitting out all day - that helps alot!
Back to top Go down
http://suggiebabies.webs.com
sueski

sueski

PostSubject: Ants   How many cages do you have? I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2009 2:16 am

Not now, but, before I started using the 'Natural ant spray', I did.
Back to top Go down
clollestad

clollestad

PostSubject: Re: How many cages do you have?   How many cages do you have? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 5:31 pm

Thank you for the formula!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://suggiesupplies.webs.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How many cages do you have?   How many cages do you have? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1