Sugar Glider Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

(Picture courtesy of April)

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hello from Kentucky

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
djtaul

djtaul

Hello from Kentucky Empty
PostSubject: Hello from Kentucky   Hello from Kentucky I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 5:50 am

Hi everyone! We live in Hodgenville, Kentucky, about an hour south of Louisville. I am the only female human in my house so I am very outnumbered. Sad The guys are my husband and three boys (13, 7, 4). I work full time for UPS in HR and go to school full time.
We have 12 adult gliders (gray, WFB, buttercream, and leu) and soon to have two more (plat mo and white mo). cheers We also have horses, show rabbits (kids use for 4H), outside cats, dogs, and a hamster. We're out in the country..... At least all of the guys are almost as crazy about the gliders as I am.
Back to top Go down
http://sugarlandatcritterhaven.webs.com/
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: uh oh   Hello from Kentucky I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 5:58 am

oh no - another hamster lover - we all know how they can be - lol

you should check out the photos on here of Almis - she has TONS of hamsters!!

12 gliders wow you must have your hands full! whenever I hear of people with lots of gliders I just think of how much I detest cage cleaning day and think - wow now multiply that by 2! OH my!! - I only have 5 gliders in two cages, but then again you get more than twice the amount of love too! and lots of beautiful colors - cant wait to see some pictures!!

Oh PS - at least some of your pets are female - they count! cheers cat
Back to top Go down
http://suggiebabies.webs.com
Ginger

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Kentucky   Hello from Kentucky I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 12:07 pm

Wow! you do have a house full! Can't wait to see pictures!
The cleaning would do me in also. That can be quite the chore and I only had 3 cages at one time.
Do you have any hinds or things that you do to make cleaning any easier?

Welcome

Ginger
Back to top Go down
Almi

Almi

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Kentucky   Hello from Kentucky I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 6:54 pm

Lol I'd like to know what you do to make cleaning easier too. I have found all of the shortcuts possible with my other pets, and cleaning them is a snap, but I haven't so far found an easier way to destroy sugar glider gunk and odor without completely bathing the cage in the shower! I hate it with a passion...almost. Sad
Back to top Go down
djtaul

djtaul

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Kentucky   Hello from Kentucky I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2009 10:23 pm

The boys love the gliders so they will help clean cages. I take the cages outside to clean them really good (with a water hose with a sprayer) every once in a while - maybe once a month. I rinse them first. I use a bucket of mild bleach water to wipe them down. Then I rinse them really well and let them dry on our deck. We clean the trays outside every week. Then I wipe it all down with Clorox Anywhere Hard Surface Daily Sanitizing Spray. I let it completely dry. I use the same thing on my kids toys too.... The vet is ok with it and so is my pediatrician. I wash all of their cage sets in the washer in lingerie bags using a little Tide or Era. I have a front loading washer and it does a great job on them. I keep extra sets so I just switch them out. I clean all of my food dishes in the dishwasher. Mine has a sanitizing rinse which is awesome. It really isn't bad as long as we all do it together.
Back to top Go down
http://sugarlandatcritterhaven.webs.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Kentucky   Hello from Kentucky I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hello from Kentucky
Page 1 of 1