Sugar Glider Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

(Picture courtesy of April)

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A bunch of cute pics!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

A bunch of cute pics! Empty
PostSubject: A bunch of cute pics!   A bunch of cute pics! I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2009 1:20 pm

Here are a bunch cute pictures of my clan
here is baby Kelira and her mom
A bunch of cute pics! Baby_g16
A bunch of cute pics! Baby_g17
Here is my cat Dragon sound asleep
A bunch of cute pics! Dragon10
our dog Ginger
A bunch of cute pics! Gingy_10
here are the first pair of babies Sprocket and Cricket ever had
A bunch of cute pics! Glider11
Here is Kelira
A bunch of cute pics! Good_p10
here she is on my laptop
A bunch of cute pics! Kelier10
Here is Sprockt on my hairdryer
A bunch of cute pics! Sprock10
A bunch of cute pics! Maybe_10
Back to top Go down
http://suggiebabies.webs.com
Almi

Almi

PostSubject: Re: A bunch of cute pics!   A bunch of cute pics! I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2009 2:00 pm

Aww, baby suggies are so cute!!

Your pets are gorgeous! I didn't know we could post other pets here...now you're in for it. lol!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: of course!   A bunch of cute pics! I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2009 2:12 pm

lol of course you can put pics up of other pets too - ha ha
after all they are the brothers and sisters of our baby gliders! all part of the family!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A bunch of cute pics!   A bunch of cute pics! I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 3:16 pm

You have some beautiful babies there! Very Happy So cute!

Just a little well-meaning advice here, read this: http://www.suzsugargliders.com/gliderproofing.htm
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: thanks!   A bunch of cute pics! I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 5:05 pm

hey there just wanted to say thank you for the advice our bathroom is currently under construction so normally it isnt like that in there - I keep a pretty close eye on them when I have them out though no worries!

If you were a part of Glider Central you would have seen all the drama those pictures introduced - it was crazy - this one person totally jumped down my throat about it - and when i mentioned in that topic that there are people who are actually afraid to ask questions on that site because of such a thing happening the whole post mysteriously dissapeared - how is that for freedom of speech = lol = oh yeah i forgot on forums there is no such thing - except for on here - I will NEVER delete a post because it has become contriversial or because I simply dont like it - i think that is complete bull crap when forum administrators do that - does anyone agree with me on this or am I alone on this issue?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A bunch of cute pics!   A bunch of cute pics! I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 5:36 pm

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A bunch of cute pics!   A bunch of cute pics! I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 6:30 pm

Well, drama or no drama, you have started a public forum here and I would think that you would be super concerned about the example you set. If MY bathroom were in a state of disrepair or remodeling, I would not let any of my animals in there. Safety must always be our utmost concern - and I see you posting pictures of gliders in unsafe conditions (esp. sitting on a hairdryer that is plugged into the wall - with exposed wiring above) and instead of using it to teach new comers how unsafe that is, you are making excuses and telling us "no worries." I, for one, am very worried.

I was under the impression that everyone was here for the best of the animals. Does that only apply when it is convenient, or do we always - ALWAYS - do what is BEST and SAFEST even if it means a bit of inconvenience on our part?

If it were me, and I were looking for advice on sugar gliders, or looking to purchase a sugar glider OR any toys or such for my sugar glider, then I would want to go to a place where the err is on the side of caution. I would not purchase from someone that thinks a glider's safety is to be taken so lightly - I read the link and you said that those that thought this was unsafe were "overl protect"ing their gliders. Really? I hope you did not mean that. I have noticed that you also have ads for toys and other things for sugar gliders. Personally, I will never buy from you because you have now posted publically that you don't think that safety in ALL situations is of the utmost concern. Well, it is to ME - for all of my feathered and furry babies, safety and health matters most. If you let your gliders play in unsafe conditions without thinking much about it, I imagine you might not think too much about the safety of MY animals with the things you are creating to sell. Whether that is true or not, well, you have put that image of yourself out there. No You can't fault me if that is the concern I now have since it is YOUR words and actions that created that concern.

This might just be a lesson learned the hard way situation, but in all reality I wish that I had seen you say "OMG - I did not think about that and you guys are so right. I feel foolish for being so careless, as I have read the stories of countless animals who are being "watched closely" who end up injured or dead. It is foolish for me to think that it could not happen to me. I will be completing the rennovations on my bathroom before I let them play in there again. Thank you for bringing this to my concern. I hope it was a reminder to others of how important safety is." Instead, you defended your actions - sorry, but those pictures very clearly paint a picture of an animal playing in a dangerous situation.

Shouldn't an owner of a public forum - and someone who wishes to make money selling things to people hold themselves to a higher standard? Shouldn't you set an excellent example of safety, concern for all animals, courteous behavior, enrichment for your animals, ethics and hygiene? I know I would ---- If I were to have a store selling stuff to others or if I were to own a forum.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: the reason   A bunch of cute pics! I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 7:08 pm

the reason i didnt have that reaction of omg i so didnt know that is because the issue has already been brought to my attention - i have already taken the proper steps to rectify the situation

but thank you for your concern
have a nice day
Back to top Go down
clollestad

clollestad

PostSubject: Re: A bunch of cute pics!   A bunch of cute pics! I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 7:16 pm

Wow! More controversy. I am co owner of Suggie Supplies with April. I can tell you for sure she very much cares for her babies. They are the center of her universe. Very Happy So, everyone calm down and take a deep breath.
sunny
Back to top Go down
http://suggiesupplies.webs.com/
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: responce to post above   A bunch of cute pics! I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 7:30 pm

Subject: a big misunderstanding Today at 18:28

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was mostly just trying to diffuse the situation - I want to assure you that I have indeed covered up the wires and put the prescription bottles in the cabinet to be on the safe side - I admit I got very defensive on that other forum and didnt want the same situation to happen here - I care very much for my suggies and their welfare and would never do anything to intentionally harm them - the issue that was raised was more than about who was wrong or right - I was more upset by the fact that the other person who posted jumped down my throat without cause - Catman had already informed me of the changes I needed to make and I had already thanked him for it - I want this forum to be very different than the way that forum is run - on there it seems there is no patience for new people or people who dont know things that others think they ought to

as a matter of fact as I posted on that site - there were more than one person that I personally knew of that had legitimate questions or concerns regarding sugar glider care, but were too afraid to ask because of people jumping on them I feel this kind of behavior is not only unnesseccary but completely uncalled for - can anyone blame me for being defensive? After I calmed down I of course realized that although the way that person brought it to my attention was uncalled for but the advice was legitimate and I have acted accordingly

in regards to anything that someone is doing incorrectly in the future please keep in mind that a mild and kind responce is much more effective than a harsh or negative one

hopefully this example can serve as a what not to do - on this site

Thank you,
April
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A bunch of cute pics!   A bunch of cute pics! I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 8:13 pm

I didn't see where there was more controversy here? I think we're all calm here, at least I know I am & I choose to believe everyone else is. Smile MissJanuaryTexas was just expressing their opinion and I think it's one that a lot of people have in the community. When something we do wrong is pointed out, it really is best to say "thank you, you're right and I will be rectifying this immediately" or something to that effect - the main reason being that anyone who comes and reads the thread later may decide that because you (meaning anyone) said it was okay, then it must be and that is placing those person's gliders in jeopardy unnecessarily.

I agree that it is better to be nice then mean about it because people will be more apt to listen to someone who's being nice about it. However, I have to admit that after Scott (catman) told you about the exposed wires and you just said "thanks for the tip" or something like that, I was really taken aback. We all respond to things differently, so just because you didn't say what I would have, doesn't mean you weren't thinking that way. Am I making any sense? Lol! Sorry, I hope you understand what I'm trying to say. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: yeah exactly   A bunch of cute pics! I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 8:18 pm

I basically by saying thanks for the tip was to me the same as saying - ok I will do that or thanks for the advice or oh yes I will definately do that or any of those alternatives - I dont know why I just said thanks for the tip but apparently that was the WRONG thing to say - lol I have definately learned my lesson - ha ha its funny how things sometimes dont translate via text - ha ha
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A bunch of cute pics!   A bunch of cute pics! I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 11:29 pm

I am glad to hear that you are making changes.

I do want to be clear, though, that the portion of the thread on that other board that solidified MY opinion was not your initial reaction (which I agree was very flippant) but was your comment that those that were upset that gliders were put in this situation in the first place were being "over protect"ive - and then the suggestions from others that you called them horrible names in a PM - and then your comments here.

I trust that you do care for your gliders - but love doesn't keep us safe. Taking proper measures to ensure that a room or play space is safe for the animal going to be in it is a necessary part of animal ownership. In essence, a room has to be baby- proofed to be safe for a small animal to play in - ESP. an animal such as a sugar glider or monkey that has the manual dexterity and both vertical and horizontal leap capacities to get themselves in a pickle very quickly just because they are curious.

I hope to see this forum become one that cares to teach newcomers the safest methods and procedures as well as the most up-to-date information on diet, husbandry, enrichment and safety. I'll be watching for that - and I will be sure to speak up when there is a poor example or outdated information given out.

Out of curiosity - do you only take one glider at a time into that bathroom for play time?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: hi there   A bunch of cute pics! I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 1:35 am

Hey there well thanks for your comments - and I agree at first I was very defensive and angry and replied out of frustration which also wasnt right to do - i should have taken a deep breath and chilled out before I replied to her

I usually do not take any more than two gliders in at a time to the bathroom so I can watch and see what they are doing - like i will bring in Cricket and her joey on her back - Sprocket usually stays in his pouch and then later I take Gobo in there by himself - why do you ask?
Back to top Go down
SeptemberAmbienTexas

PostSubject: Re: A bunch of cute pics!   A bunch of cute pics! I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 1:34 pm

A great place for play time (and much easier to glider proof!) is a tent. It's also a great and safe place for intro's and for bonding with new babies. Just don't fall asleep! LOL
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: I have thought of that   A bunch of cute pics! I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 10:48 pm

I was actually looking into a Genji tent I have heard so many rave reviews about that one = I saw pictures of it and it looks like the screen on the top of the tent may be good for gliders to run around on - I may just have to invest in one - in the meantime I have just been carrying them around in the safety of a bonding pouch and giving them treats and playing with them in there - and then I watch them in the glider room while they are in their cages and talk to them and interact with them between the bars and whatnot - I just can't get enough of watching them play and run around - so cute!!
Back to top Go down
Almi

Almi

PostSubject: Re: A bunch of cute pics!   A bunch of cute pics! I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 3:41 am

Lol, April, I think it's silly to judge you as a whole (and so harshly) based on one picture/incidence/whatever just like that, and I still want to buy a pouch from you... =P
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: thanks Almi   A bunch of cute pics! I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 3:54 am

well I am human I admit and I do admit that at times I let my emotions get the better of me (as I am sure we all have at one time or another) so thanks for not judging me based on one bad reaction - I appreciate it flower
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A bunch of cute pics!   A bunch of cute pics! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A bunch of cute pics!
Page 1 of 1